The main purpose of dev.topmusic.co is to inspire and motivate piano teachers around the world with fresh ideas, relevant content, featured articles, online training, reviews and links.
While I love sharing my ideas with you, I get just as much love out of reading and learning from other teachers. I therefore feel that it's important that as many people as possible get to share their knowledge and experience with others.
While this is happening now happening regularly on Piano Teaching Facebook Groups, I've decided that it's about time that other people get to share their ideas on dev.topmusic.co, so that we can all learn from what's going on in studios around the world.
I therefore invite your participation to help provide our valued community with quality articles and interesting insights from your own teaching.
Who can become a writer?
Passionate, creative and articulate people with quality ideas to share, preferably from their own direct experience.
While I'd love to post everyone's work, I'm very conscious that my readers have come to expect a high-level of content, readability and structure in articles. With this in mind, if you don't have example blog articles to read, I would need to see examples of previous writing.
Without wanting to re-invent the wheel, check out this Complete Guide to Writing Guest Articles which explains exactly how it works, what to expect and gives a list of resources. You can search google for more information if you're new to the idea of blogging or guest posting on blogs.
Writers must be clear and concise and know exactly what they are talking about. You needn't have blogged before, but you need to know your stuff and be a confident wordsmith (especially spelling, grammar and punctuation).
Not all submissions or applicants will be accepted. In order to maintain a high quality for our content, every article will undergo a review before acceptance.
Articles must be original and unpublished. Once published on dev.topmusic.co, they remain the property of this website. You may choose to republish the article on your own site once it is live here, as long as there is a link back to its first appearance here.
I would love to build-up a regular team of quality contributors, so if you're article is well-received, there may well be more opportunity to write for dev.topmusic.co in the future.
Benefits of writing for dev.topmusic.co
- Gain great exposure for your writing from a growing audience.
- Have your content enjoyed by an appreciative readership of dedicated teachers.
- Feature your photo, bio, links to social media and your own blog/website at the end of each article.
- Help improve the lives of piano teachers and their students around the world.
There may be an opportunity for incentives and bonuses for writers but this will depend heavily on the quality and relevance of the content, length, comprehensiveness, traffic and interest generated and so forth.
Content types and topics
If you're familiar with dev.topmusic.co, you'll know that we tend to focus on the following topics:
- Teaching popular music styles
- Running an effective studio business: maximising income, effective marketing, online promotions, etc.
- Teaching boys and teens
- Using technology in the studio, digital pianos
- Product, training, article reviews and information
- Repertoire and teaching resources
What kind of content can I produce?
- Featured "evergreen" articles. Generally long-form articles that go into depth about one topic and provide considerable information for readers. Includes images, graphs, links to resources, quotes and fresh research and has ongoing appeal for teachers. Check out this guest post for ideas.
- Infographics. You no doubt have seen these before. There's a whole page here.
- High-quality videos. These can be demonstration of teaching techniques, ideas for games, tutorials, etc. Videos tend to be some of the highest-ranking articles on blogs.
- Resources. Lists of articles, products, etc. that will save piano teachers' time.
These are just a few ideas to get you thinking and it's by no means designed to be a comprehensive list. I will provide you with example articles if you'd be interested in writing on a particular topic.
Please be aware that I expect writers to regularly check comments on their articles and respond to these in a timely manner. This is vital for community-building, feedback and in order to seek greater depth of understanding.
What's the next step?
Fill out this quick survey about yourself, your writing and your post ideas.
Leave any general comments below.
Once your blog post idea has been accepted, check out this page for more writing tips.