The Inner Circle App for Successful Piano Teachers
This week marks the release of my brand new Inner Circle Piano Teachers’ app, designed to make accessing training courses, lesson plans and discussion forums super easy for piano teachers around the world.
With the app, successful piano teachers will now be able to access any of our training resources directly from their iOS or Android phone or tablet, quickly and easily, during lessons or while teaching in students’ houses.
Teachers will also be able to easily participate in our forum discussions ‘on the go’, supporting other teachers by joining a discussion or asking their own questions of the group.
You can now access other teachers wherever you are: Waiting in line at the post office, having a break at a cafe, waiting in an airport lounge (on the way to your next conference, of course!) or taking public transport.
This app will truly revolutionise how all piano teachers globally can access continuing professional development training and programs to suit their teaching and business needs and grow the studio of their dreams.
Read more: The Piano Studio Growth Roadmap: Your one way ticket to piano teaching success and growth
Caring, Safe, Supportive Teacher Groups
The Inner Circle forums on the app are designed to bring the functionality and simplicity of the many discussion groups that piano teachers join on Facebook, but without the distraction of:
- Being on Facebook
- Complaining, whinging and rudeness
- Cat videos
I don’t know about you, but I can sometimes go on Facebook to reply to some kind of notification and suddenly wonder what happened to the last 30 minutes of my life when I look up and realise I’ve been totally distracted and didn’t even reply to the original notification.
In addition, sometimes people are downright aggressive and rude in those Facebook Groups. I feel so sad when people, especially new teachers, ask innocent questions or have the guts to post a picture or video of their teaching, and get shouted down and downright abused because others have different opinions.
This was one of the main reasons I set up the Inner Circle Teacher Forums inside the membership and not on Facebook.
There are just too many rude people, people who aren’t willing to give and share, and too many people who don’t know how to be supportive of other teachers on Facebook.
I wanted to create a safe place for teachers to ask any questions without concern of vilification and provide a place where everyone regularly shares their ideas – good or bad – so that we can all learn from them.
Now it’s just as easy as it is on Facebook – forget being a member of 20 different Facebook groups and seeing only a couple of posts a week from each, depending on how the Facebook algorithm is feeling. Get real, detailed help from other members and our Expert Teaching panel from around the world, whenever you need it and with total ease.
Join the the preeminent professional development, learning and networking community for instrumental music teachers.
Click here to download the app on the App Store and click here for GooglePlay!
All the Resources you Need to Grow Your Teaching
For almost three years, the Inner Circle has been the most innovative and comprehensive online training and professional development resource for future-minded and successful piano teachers.
Our repository of knowledge in the form of courses, lesson plans, teaching videos, interviews and downloads only continues to expand.
The app allows piano teachers to quickly:
- Access a growing library of comprehensive pedagogy and business-related video training courses in our Teachers’ Academy
- View and download lesson plans, watch teaching videos, access exclusive discounts and check out our complete Resource Library
- Track their certified professional development progress through any of their courses
- View and download certificates of completion and attendance
- Communicate with 1,000 other dedicated member teachers around the world to ask questions, share ideas and support one another
- Find out how many points they’ve earned and how close they are to redeeming reward bonuses like sheet music, coaching and other discounts
- Follow your path on our Studio Growth Roadmap, guiding you through the six stages of planning, building, teaching, growing, adapting and pivoting your studio and keeping track of your progress
- Join any number of special-interest groups for discussion on particular topics or areas of interest or to connect with teachers in similar parts of the world
- Set up notifications for answers to their questions, new topics and most recent uploads
The app is designed to work seamlessly in conjunction with the main Inner Circle website, which will also be undergoing a refit in January 2019.
Here’s what’s coming with the new Inner Circle website interface:
- A brand-new Member Dashboard – to give you an ‘at a glance’ overview of your progress and quick links to new resources when you login
- A new menu system to make it much easier to find things – especially resources and podcasts/blog articles
- New notifications
- Even more intuitive search
- Map view to show other members in the area and connect with them
- A new Inner Circle teachers’ directory accessible on the internet allowing parents and students to find Inner Circle teachers
- Much more to be announced…
Ready to join us?
We’d love to welcome you inside the Circle if you’re not already a member. You’ll get instructions about accessing the app when you join us.
Find out more about the benefits of becoming an Inner Circle teacher by heading to dev.topmusic.co/community.
If you have any questions about the new Inner Circle app or about membership, please leave them below.
We'll see you inside!
Thank you from a relatively new piano teacher for offering some amazing insights and resources.
You’re welcome – I LOVE supporting new teachers so let me know what you need.