Teacher recruitment is one of the most challenging aspects of running a music school. And with the current employment shortage, music school owners are really finding it hard to look for quality teachers. In this episode, Dave Simon presents a revolutionary idea that can potentially solve this problem for your studio. His in-depth discussion on this topic, as well as training teachers, marketing tips, and so much more will give you a simple and effective solution on how to find music instructors for your studio.
- Dave talks about the teacher shortage in the music industry.
- The number one challenge of running a music school.
- Considering group classes in your studio and how you can get more students into groups.
- Is it necessary to have a instructor with such a high level of musical understanding?
- Using marketing to persuade parents to join your group classes for beginners.
- Why hiring musicians is a good idea to get teachers for your studio.
- A sample of an ad on how to find music instructors for his studio.
- Dave shares a sample questionnaire for potential hires.
- Setting up a training program for your music instructors.
Dave Simon licenses his group music classes Kidzrock/Jr. Rockerz, and Piano Jam to educators worldwide. His programs allow complete beginners to experience the ultimate musical thrill; learning and performing music in an ensemble. Dave ran and operated a music school for 17 years in St. Louis Missouri where he developed a passion for marketing. He is also the host of the business growth podcast Music Lessons and Marketing.
Forte is a free alternative to Zoom, optimized for music lessons with industry-leading audio quality. Forte has been used and loved by The Royal College of Music, Berklee College of Music, and Curtis Institute. It is designed to put you and your teaching style at the center of the educational experience. And the best part? It’s free forever for teachers, and it’s incredibly easy to use. Just send your personal studio link to your student, and with one click, you are teaching. No hassles, no downloads, no gimmicks. Just music.
Start teaching with Forte today at fortelessons.com.
Thank you for tuning in!
Consider implementing the ideas from this podcast by writing several actionable steps for your teaching practice if it’s inspired you.
If you enjoyed today’s show, please leave us a review on Apple Podcasts, which helps other teachers find our show.
Stay updated by subscribing to this show, and get automatic delivery to your device every time a new episode goes live! We publish on Fridays weekly.