We’re now in day 3 of our Hesitant to Hero Challenge Series on the podcast and today’s topic is all about Repertoire Remix. What is repertoire remix and how can it spark creativity in your students? In this episode, we unpack the three levels of creativity in music, how remixing works, and some piece examples that you can play with your students. We are going to build on the skills that we learned in day one and day two by getting creative with the repertoire that students are already learning.
- The three levels of creativity in music.
- Understanding how repertoire remixing works.
- How to teach repertoire remixing to your students.
- The benefits of repertoire remixing.
- Playing pieces with repeating left-hand patterns you can practice with your students.
- Discussing today’s homework.
- Q&As and tips.
- Sample homeworks.
Repertoire Remix – Hesitant to Hero Challenge
Thank you for tuning in!
Consider implementing the ideas from this podcast by writing several actionable steps for your teaching practice if it’s inspired you.
If you enjoyed today’s show, please leave us a review on Apple Podcasts, which helps other teachers find our show.
Stay updated by subscribing to this show, and get automatic delivery to your device every time a new episode goes live! We publish on Fridays weekly.