What’s the secret to building a life-long connection to music? In today’s episode, we’re sharing the presentation that I gave at Nicola Cantan’s Teacher Turboboost event this year titled “Why playing with others helped me play for life.” We’re going to unpack one of the key factors, I believe, that contributes to students forming a love and a life-long connection to music and some concrete examples of how you can apply it to your own students and studio.
- Our mission at TopMusic.
- Memories of my musical activities during my teenage years.
- One common factor in all of my musical memories.
- The challenges of performing students.
- Ideas to get people playing in groups and together.
- How to Plan and Run a Pop Piano Recital
- TopCast034: Building a Piano Community that Students Love with Laura Kahar
Thank you for tuning in!
Consider implementing the ideas from this podcast by writing several actionable steps for your teaching practice if it’s inspired you.
If you enjoyed today’s show, please leave us a review on Apple Podcasts, which helps other teachers find our show.
Stay updated by subscribing to this show, and get automatic delivery to your device every time a new episode goes live! We publish on Fridays weekly.