In this episode, we are going to talk about one of my favorite online music notation softwares, Noteflight, with John Mylnczak.
We’re going to unpack the Noteflight and SoundCheck softwares – its benefits, features, and how it can you can use it in your own studio.
If you are looking for a music notation app bundled with a performance assessment tool for your students, this episode is for you.
- [02:37] John tells us about his role at Hal Leonard.
- [03:30] Learning about John’s musical journey.
- [13:05] Missing education and teaching.
- [15:45] How publishing companies have adjusted during the pandemic.
- [18:32] The characteristics that sets Noteflight apart.
- [23:32] Noteflight’s free plan.
- [26:03] Learning more about SoundCheck, a performance assessment tool for students.
- [33:13] Inclusions of multi-student licenses in SoundCheck.
- [35:03] The potential of technology for music teachers.
- [41:27] How technology is going to impact music lessons in the future.
Transcript of the show
If you’d like to download a PDF transcript of this episode, please click below.
John Mlynczak, offers an extensive range of experiences in music education and the music industry and is a frequent national clinician. John is currently Vice President of Music Education and Technology for Hal Leonard and he’s past president of the Technology Institute of Music Educators. John also teaches online graduate courses at VanderCook College and Boston University online and is Google Level 2 Certified Educator.
Mr. Mlynczak is a passionate advocate for music education and technology, serving on the NAMM State Advocacy Coalition and the NAfME Advocacy Leadership Force. And he’s Advocacy Chairman for the Massachusetts Music Educators Association. He holds an undergrad degree in Music Education and graduate degrees in both Music Performance and Educational Leadership.
Thank you for tuning in!
Consider implementing the ideas from this podcast by writing several actionable steps for your teaching practice if it’s inspired you.
If you enjoyed today’s show, please leave us a review on Apple Podcasts, which helps other teachers find our show.
Stay updated by subscribing to this show, and get automatic delivery to your device every time a new episode goes live! We publish on Fridays weekly.