Unpack a whole lot of tips, bust some myths, and engage and motivate students with Michael Gumley and I in this three part podcast series.
Micael is the owner and head teacher at Melbourne Guitar Academy and head of the soon-to-launch TopMusicPro Guitar Program. Today we’re going to unpack his own story, how he came to work with us and our plans for this new element of the TopMusicPro membership.
- [07:12] Michael shares his story about how he came to do the work he’s doing now.
- [15:44] Deepening students’ identity as a musician.
- [19:29] Michael continues his journey into learning guitar.
- [22:28] Teaching students pieces that they want to learn, not only what they need to learn.
- [28:09] How and when he decided to become a guitar teacher.
- [43:46] Michael gives us an overview of where he’s at now and his teaching.
Transcript of the show
If you’d like to download a PDF transcript of this episode, please click below.
Michael is a guitar teacher and music educator from Melbourne, Australia. He’s the owner and head teacher at Melbourne Guitar Academy. Michael brings his passion for and love of all things guitar to each and every lesson and seeks to capture the same excitement and wonder that captivated him during his guitar journey with all of his students.
Thank you for tuning in!
Consider implementing the ideas from this podcast by writing several actionable steps for your teaching practice if it’s inspired you.
If you enjoyed today’s show, please leave us a review on Apple Podcasts, which helps other teachers find our show.
Stay updated by subscribing to this show, and get automatic delivery to your device every time a new episode goes live! We publish on Fridays weekly.