Have you ever had the intention to do something with your career and life shifts that completely? Jessica has that story! As very qualified teacher, she intended to return to the classroom but she pivoted and now she mentors other teachers.
In this episode, Jessica shares how she grew her business from knowing nothing about growing an audience or building a business to hiring her first employee.
- [3:19] Jessica shares her background in piano and teaching elementary music
- [5:14] She tells the story of how she kept going with piano in her teen years
- [6:59] How Jessica learned to read chord charts
- [8:05] Here is why Jessica changed her major to Music Education from Piano Performance
- [9:31] The struggle of being hired at a school with no music program
- [15:48] How long Jessica ended up staying at the school
- [18:38] How Jessica shifted to start her own business
- [20:49] Jessica shared how she started to grow her audience of teachers
- [23:02] Sources Jessica used to learn how to continue to grow her business
- [25:03] Opportunities from Jessica’s website and business
- [28:06] Choosing an outlet that suits your personality and drive
- [28:45] The question Jessica gets asked all the time
- [32:46] Why and how Jessica named her business
Transcript of the show
If you’d like to download a PDF transcript of this episode, please click below.
- Jessica Peresta Website
- Jessica Peresta Instagram
- Jessica Peresta Facebook Page
- Jessica Peresta Facebook Group
Jessica Peresta helps elementary music educators thrive in teaching and go from feeling overwhelmed to confident. She is the blogger and podcaster at The Domestic Musician, providing teachers with the music education resources, lesson plans, teacher training, and community they’ve been looking for.
Thank you for tuning in!
Consider implementing the ideas from this podcast by writing several actionable steps for your teaching practice if it’s inspired you.
If you enjoyed today’s show, please leave us a review on Apple Podcasts, which helps other teachers find our show.
Stay updated by subscribing to this show, and get automatic delivery to your device every time a new episode goes live! We publish on Fridays weekly.