Have you ever felt that sense of dread or burnout over teaching? Well, today’s member spotlight really shines a light on this feeling that we all have from time to time.
Rachel King had these negative feelings for quite a while but, thankfully, found a way out of it which is what she shares in this episode. She is now enjoying her teaching like never before.
I’m so thankful because Rachel really lets us into her life and how she’s feeling. She also shares the shift she made, how it came about, and the impact it has had on her teaching and students.
- [03:34] Rachel shares an update on her current studio and students.
- [04:36] Her feelings regarding her teaching before.
- [07:29] What she did to make herself feel enthusiastic in teaching again.
- [11:12] How she felt after her mindset change.
- [12:23] The outcomes that happened after.
- [14:13] The reaction of students to the change.
- [15:53] Her new approach to teaching students.
- [17:32] Feeling less anxious and frustrated about lessons.
- [19:30] Rachel talks about liking her students better and students performing better after the change.
- [20:00] The changes she saw in her relationship with money and the income that she’s making.
- [20:58] Being able to stand firm on her studio policies and increasing rates because of her new mindset.
- [24:29] Rachel’s response on emotional investment in teaching.
- [27:54] How Rachel found out about TopMusicPro.
- [30:33] Sharing how she justifies the investment she’s making at TMP.
- [31:54] Future plans for her studio.
Transcript of the show
If you’d like to download a PDF transcript of this episode, please click below.
Newzik is a unique digital score platform that lets you work in real-time with other musicians. With over 100,000+ users, Newzik lets you organize your scores in a digital library accessible at all times, enrich your scores with multimedia files including YouTube videos, and most importantly share your scores and markings in real-time with your band, your students, or your entire orchestra. Newzik offers a free-forever option as well as affordable subscriptions with unlimited storage and extra features such as Maestria, the first Optical Music Recognition technology based on artificial intelligence, which lets you turn paper into interactive digital scores.
Thank you for tuning in!
Consider implementing the ideas from this podcast by writing several actionable steps for your teaching practice if it’s inspired you.
If you enjoyed today’s show, please leave us a review on Apple Podcasts, which helps other teachers find our show.
Stay updated by subscribing to this show, and get automatic delivery to your device every time a new episode goes live! We publish on Fridays weekly.