You can transform into the piano teacher you’ve always wanted to be – full of confidence and armed with knowledge from experts in the field – just like what Kara Hess, one of our TopMusic Pro members, did.
In this episode, I’ve invited Kara who wrote a beautiful email to us about the transitions and positive changes she has gone through since joining the membership. I wanted to bring her on today to share her experience with you and how she did it.
You’ll be absolutely blown away with the transformation that she’s had in her own mind and mindset since becoming a member. It really is quite revolutionary. I can’t wait to share this with you.
Join the the preeminent professional development, learning and networking community for instrumental music teachers.
- [03:27] A short introduction on Kara’s teaching background and studio.
- [04:35] Transitioning from a hobby to a professional teacher.
- [05:18] Things that changed for her when she shifted her mindset to being a professional teacher.
- [06:36] Her plans for growing her studio.
- [08:05] Her biggest worries before she joined TopMusicPro in November 2020.
- [13:50] How she found out about the TopMusicPro.
- [14:35] First experiences inside the membership.
- [17:35] The transformation Kara has enjoyed after joining the membership.
- [23:03] Features inside TMP that stood out and became influential in her transformation.
- [26:15] Looking at the benefits of the membership and its cost.
- [33:24] The confidence she has gained since joining the membership.
- [34:00] Future plans for her studio.
- [36:24] Benefits of being a TopMusicPro member.
Transcript of the show
If you’d like to download a PDF transcript of this episode, please click below.
About our Guest
Kara began teaching in 2006 to just a few friends. In 2014, she decided to start building what has since become a professional and successful studio. She teaches piano because she loves music and wants to share that with others. Her biggest hope as a teacher is to create a place for her students to have fun and learn how to make music an extension of themselves.
Thank you for tuning in!
Consider implementing the ideas from this podcast by writing several actionable steps for your teaching practice if it’s inspired you.
If you enjoyed today’s show, please leave us a review on Apple Podcasts, which helps other teachers find our show.
Stay updated by subscribing to this show, and get automatic delivery to your device every time a new episode goes live! We publish on Fridays weekly.