Take your teaching to the next level with productivity hacks and music teacher badassery tips with Elisa Janson Jones.
Elisa specializes in helping music educators build, manage, and grow thriving school music programs, and have long and happy careers.
She joins us today to talk about how you can prevent burnout, be happier, and become a more productive person.
Join the the preeminent professional development, learning and networking community for instrumental music teachers.
- [03:02] Elisa tells us more about badassery and being badass.
- [05:17] Her role in the music education community.
- [06:55] Growing up in a very musical home and eventually studying and teaching music.
- [13:11] Starting her second business, podcast and online conference.
- [20:10] Her plan for the International Music Education Summit in the future.
- [21:59] The different twist teachers should expect in the conferences she offers.
- [23:29] Challenges independent music teachers face today.
- [26:55] Elisa’s best tips for productivity and badassery.
- [42:51] The next big picture for Elisa.
Transcript of the show about music teacher badassery with Elisa Jones
If you’d like to download a PDF transcript of this episode, please click below.
About our Guest
Elisa Janson Jones specializes in helping music educators build, manage, and grow thriving school music programs, and have long and happy careers. She holds a bachelor of music, a master of business administration, and is currently pursuing a Doctorate of Education in Instructional Design.
Elisa uses her vast and diverse skill set to help nonprofits businesses and music educators around the world. She serves as conductor of her local community band, a columnist for SBO Magazine, and maintains a private lesson studio. She’s an internationally-recognized speaker and has presented at national state and local conferences. She’s a host and producer of the Music Ed Mentor Podcast, founder of the Society for Online Music Education, and author of the Music Educator’s Guide to Thrive, and The Music Booster Manual.
Elisa Janson Jones Photo Credit: Matt Janson Photography
Thank you for tuning in!
Consider implementing the ideas from this podcast by writing several actionable steps for your teaching practice if it’s inspired you.
If you enjoyed today’s show, please leave us a review on Apple Podcasts, which helps other teachers find our show.
Stay updated by subscribing to this show, and get automatic delivery to your device every time a new episode goes live! We publish on Fridays weekly.