So many students can play well – but how many can write and compose? Do your piano students know essentials like 4 Chord Composing? Get them started easily with this simple composing framework.
Learning the essentials of chord progressions can lead students to a better understanding of music. It can also give them the skills they need to recover from a mistake in performance or accompany a singer.
One of our favourite activities for piano lessons is 4 chord composing. In fact, we have a full course to show you how to teach this inside the TopMusicPro community.
In this podcast, you can hear one module from this course and learn how to teach your students the three most common pop chord progressions.
- [02:53] What is the 4 Chord Composing course?
- [04:38] What makes this course different.
- [05:39] A short background on the course modules.
- [07:30] Feedback from teachers who took the course.
- [08:21] How to teach the most common pop chord progressions and integrate chords into your teaching.
Transcript of the show about 4 Chord Composing
If you’d like to download a PDF transcript of this episode, please click below.
- 9 Reasons Why Playing Lead Sheets is Essential for Piano Students
- Webinar: Taking the Lead: How to play and teach lead sheets for confidence
Thank you for tuning in!
Consider implementing the ideas from this podcast by writing several actionable steps for your teaching practice if it’s inspired you.
If you enjoyed today’s show, please leave us a review on Apple Podcasts, which helps other teachers find our show.
Stay updated by subscribing to this show, and get automatic delivery to your device every time a new episode goes live! We publish on Fridays weekly.