Practice and music lessons: they go hand in hand. But what if your students are quietly quitting over it? Danny Thompson unpacks this hot topic on this show today from our archives.
Find out why Danny’s approach from the beginning is not about emphasizing practice and what he says to new families instead to get them hooked on music.
Transcript of the show
If you’d like to download a PDF transcript of this episode, please click below.
In this episode, you’ll learn about practice and motivation:
- Why Danny is changing the practice expectation in his studio
- What it can do when you remove the homework discussion from lessons
- Why it’s so hard to change our thinking and habits in this area
- How we can inspire students to want to practise
- The impact of the coolness and likeability factor on retention
- How this comes across in Danny’s communication and website
Go Further: Take Danny’s 7 Levers of Business Course
To learn more growth strategy for your studio, take Danny’s short course on the 7 Levers of the Music Business in TopMusicPro Evolution level. It covers everything from traffic to conversions, and how to grow leverage profit margins.
About our Guest
Danny Thompson is an award-winning podcast producer, professional drummer, and small business owner.
Thank you for tuning in!
Consider implementing the ideas from this podcast by writing several actionable steps for your teaching practice if it’s inspired you.
If you enjoyed today’s show, please leave us a review on Apple Podcasts, which helps other teachers find our show.
Stay updated by subscribing to this show, and get automatic delivery to your device every time a new episode goes live! We publish on Fridays weekly.