In this episode, we’ll learn how Tonara motivates students.
Beth Horton, Creative Education Specialist at Tonara, talks to us about her favourite features and benefits of the platform that you can take advantage of. She also shares tips on how to use Tonara in your own studio to get you back more time without sacrificing the progress of your students.
Managing your studio lessons, motivating your students to practice, and creating meaningful connections between yourself, parents, and students is now available to you. Whether you are doing online or face-to-face lessons, Tonara will be able to help you and your students be focused and connected every step of the way.
Related: Read our article about how Tonara saves your time with studio admin
Transcript of the Show
If you’d like to download a PDF transcript of this episode, please click below.
In this episode, you’ll learn how Tonara motivates students in an agile learning environment:
- [02:57] An overview of Beth’s studio in Texas.
- [05:54] Using online lessons in various aspects of your studio.
- [06:56] What got her into trying Tonara for her studio.
- [10:29] Benefits of using Tonara in her business and student outcomes.
- [18:06] Tim and Beth’s favourite features of Tonara.
- [19:22] Motivating students in your studio.
- [24:28] Setting up customized lessons for teachers and students.
- [29:11] Insightful ways to use recordings in your lessons.
- [31:56] Clever ways you can use groups in Tonara for community building among your students.
- [36:16] Using scheduling and calendar features.
- [38:06] Ways you can get great support when using Tonara for your studio.
- [42:06] Tonara billing for teachers.
- [43:50] How Tonara can bring more value to your business.
More about Tonara
- Discount for Non-Members – 10% off Tonara: Sign up on your Desktop or Download the Tonara App and sign up here. Don’t forget to use your coupon code timtopham to get the discount!
- Discount for Top Music Pro Members – 25% off Tonara
- Get discounts on Tonara, plus MusicNotes.com, tonebase, and 20+ others as a member of TopMusicPro. Explore our membership here.
- Related: Watch a quick video with Lou Ann about 5 Ways Tonara will help you become a better music teacher
About our Guest
Beth is currently a Creative Education Specialist at Tonara where she helps teachers stay connected to their students through technology. She is a former band director who now lives and teaches from Lubbock, Texas with her studio, Sharing the Love of Music.
tonebase is an online education platform that gives you access to the world’s leading classical musicians. With our library of 400+ video tutorials, you can unlock the insights of GRAMMY award-winning players, international competition winners, and pedagogues from top music schools like Juilliard and Yale. Whether you’re just starting out and looking to learn foundational techniques or ready to take on the most advanced concepts and pieces, there’s something for every passionate musician on tonebase. Find the knowledge and inspiration you need to take your playing to the next level!
Thank you for tuning in!
In conclusion, there are a lot of podcasts you could be tuning into today, and I’m grateful that you’ve chosen mine. Whether you’re at the gym, on the bike or in the car, I know that you and your students will get lots out of what you learn in the long run.
Just make sure you try out some of the ideas before they get lost in the business of your next lessons!
If you enjoyed today’s show, please share it by using the social media buttons on the left of the page.
Also, kindly consider taking the 60-seconds it takes to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast on iTunes or on my Facebook page. Reviews are extremely helpful when it comes to show’s ranking and you can bet that I read every single one of them personally.
Lastly, don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, to get automatic updates every time a new episode goes live.