Hear one Australian mom’s story about creating a non-teaching dream studio for flute lessons, where she runs the business while balancing a busy family schedule and PhD studies.
Christie Gallen, aka The Flute Coach, has founded a successful online flute lessons business without doing the teaching herself, freeing up her time to study for an advanced degree and balancing family needs. We’ll take a look at her business model and ideas, including how Christie works together with her associate, Monique who does the teaching, while Christie takes care of managing the business and marketing the brand.
In this episode, Christie shares interesting stories of how she built her business and how it has grown over the years into a successful online teaching studio. Studio owners who feel boxed in by 1:1 teaching hours can learn scaling tips from The Flute Coach’s proven method.
Transcript of the Show about Christie Gallen, aka The Flute Coach’s studio
If you’d like to download a PDF transcript of this episode, please click below.
In this episode, you’ll learn how this mom created a non-teaching dream studio:
- [01:51] Christie’s story on how she became The Flute Coach.
- [05:47] 1st stage of her business: creating content on flute playing.
- [07:05] Using keyword research to make her information rank on searches.
- [09:53] Having affiliate marketing in her business.
- [13:27] 2nd stage of business: setting up lessons for students by outsourcing teaching.
- [16:19] Earning without teaching.
- [19:22] How to build a teaching business without teaching.
- [22:21] Building your audience through marketing.
- [24:45] Introducing the teacher to prospective students.
- [26:23] Monitoring and getting feedback on lessons.
- [28:27] A sample of packages she offers for new students.
- [31:37] Hiring other teachers to teach for her business.
- [34:38] Christie tells us about her course “The Online Studio Jumpstart”
Special Promo for TopCast Listeners:
👉 Special for TopCast listeners ($20 off the full price of Christie’s Online Studio Jumpstart course).
The link found above has the coupon already applied.
- Learn more about Top Music Pro and our Courses: Getting Found on Google, Teen Teaching & Transfer Course, Music Teacher Startup Course
- The Flute Coach
About our Guest, Christie Gallen, the Flute Coach
Christie Gallen is a passionate flute player and the founder of TheFluteCoach.com. She’s also a mother, wife, scientist, part-time PhD student, lover of zombie movies and Stephen King novels.
Thank you for tuning in!
In conclusion, there are a lot of podcasts you could be tuning into today, and I’m grateful that you’ve chosen mine. Whether you’re at the gym, on the bike or in the car, I know that you and your students will get lots out of what you learn in the long run.
Just make sure you try out some of the ideas before they get lost in the business of your next lessons!
If you enjoyed today’s show, please share it by using the social media buttons on the left of the page.
Also, kindly consider taking the 60-seconds it takes to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast on iTunes or on my Facebook page. Reviews are extremely helpful when it comes to show’s ranking and you can bet that I read every single one of them personally.
Lastly, don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, to get automatic updates every time a new episode goes live.