I can’t believe it’s been 300 episodes since I started this podcast! Looking back at the first episode until this one, so much has changed for the better. I’m thrilled to be sharing two announcements on today’s podcast, which is a culmination of all these years of learning and growing as a music educator, and both related to Integrated Music Teaching. Join me today as we look back on the memories and look forward to the exciting changes that are coming to help you become the best music teacher you want to be.
- Looking back on our first episode and the podcast through the years.
- My first realization of how my teaching style was different from the rest.
- Three key factors associated with a traditional music lesson.
- Making connections outside music to help a student’s deeper understanding of music.
- Understanding and practicing the integrated music teaching approach.
- The three foundational pillars of integrated music teaching.
- TTTV001: Student composition tactics with Daniel McFarlane
- Take A Track Walk: Getting Students to Slow Down
- Watch the very first episode of the podcast here.
Interested in nurturing budding composers but aren’t sure where to begin? The 8+8 Composium at LeilaViss.com offers a proven recipe for composing.
The four-week course held on Zoom is limited to 8 teachers and steps you through the writing process 8 bars at a time.
Learn how to compose an ABA piece, notate it in Noteflight, create cover art in Canva, and how to pass these skills along to your students.
“I am over the moon excited about notating my first composition and on fire to continue composing.” -Lisa M
Use coupon code TOPTEN to save on registration.
Thank you for tuning in!
Consider implementing the ideas from this podcast by writing several actionable steps for your teaching practice if it’s inspired you.
If you enjoyed today’s show, please leave us a review on Apple Podcasts, which helps other teachers find our show.
Stay updated by subscribing to this show, and get automatic delivery to your device every time a new episode goes live! We publish on Fridays weekly.