Have you ever considered joining a membership, attending a conference, getting coaching or studying further to expand your skill set and knowledge as a piano teacher but too worried about the cost of investment?
My guest today is Inner Circle member, Amy Comparetto. She shares her experience on how she invests in her professional development and makes sure that every single penny she spends comes back to her studio. Amy also talks about her inspiring story on how she gained and even doubled her money back on the membership through teaching the ideas she learned in her studio.
This conversation with Amy has amazed me in so many ways! I invite you to listen in on the interview today to learn more about how you can manage your studio better and get a return on the investments you make in your professional development.
If you’d like to download a PDF transcript of this episode, please click below.
In this episode, you’ll learn
- [03:18] Amy’s story and her studio.
- [04:53] Her current focus on her studio.
- [05:18] She shares about the piano lessons she received as a child.
- [06:37] The length of her teaching career and how she started teaching in her own studio.
- [07:40] Getting her own studio and hiring other teachers.
- [08:04] The steps she’s taking to grow her studio and number of students.
- [09:34] What made Amy decide to join the Inner Circle.
- [10:33] Amy’s feedback on the Inner Circle Membership.
- [11:14] The workshops Amy ran.
- [14:00] The amount she charged for the workshops.
- [14:35] Discussing Return on Investment (ROI) in her business.
- [16:23] Her studio space rental / purchase.
- [17:48] How she came up with the workshop idea.
- [19:00] Calculating ROI by including the time she spent working on the workshop.
- [22:13] Inviting students to sign up for the workshop.
- [23:25] Payments for the workshop and the software she uses for her studio.
- [25:24] Using Quickbooks for her studio.
- [26:16] Investing in her professional development.
- [27:05] Amy’s future plans for her studio.
- [29:25] Amy’s tips for other teachers who are worried about costs for professional development.
- 4 Chord Composing
- Figaro Music Studios Website
- Figaro Music Studios Instagram
- Figaro Music Studios Facebook
- Figaro Music Studios YouTube
- Piano Adventures Video Library
- Join the Inner Circle
Tonara creates an inspiring community for music teachers and students throughout the week. With students feeling connected to their teacher and peers, and because of the fun and engaging practice tools built into the platform, teachers can see a dramatic increase in the amount and quality of their students’ practice. Teachers no longer have to worry that assignments will get lost or go unread. Multimedia-rich assignments can be reused and updated quickly, making any assignment a festival of creativity and inspiration. Help your students discover the difference effective practice can make.
Tonara is available on mobile, tablet, and desktop! So head to tonara.com and sign up for a 30-day free trial, or download the app from your respective mobile store on your device. Let Tonara create happiness in your studio today!
Get $100 off Annual Inner Circle Membership
As a valued podcast listener, you’re eligible for a $100 discount on an annual Inner Circle Membership. This discount lasts for as long as you’re a member and whatever price you sign up for today is the price you’ll pay as long as you remain a member. Copy this coupon code to use when you see the “Coupon Code” box: PIANOPODCAST.
Thank you for Tuning In!
There are a lot of podcasts you could be tuning into today, and I’m grateful that you’ve chosen mine. Whether you’re at the gym, on the bike or in the car, I know that you and your students will get lots out of what you learn in the long run. Just make sure you try out some of the ideas before they get lost in the business of your next lessons! If you enjoyed today’s show, please share it by using the social media buttons on the left of the page. Also, kindly consider taking the 60-seconds it takes to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast on iTunes or on my Facebook page. Reviews are extremely helpful when it comes to show’s ranking and you can bet that I read every single one of them personally. Lastly, don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, to get automatic updates every time a new episode goes live.
Do you invest on yourself professionally as a teacher?
What benefits have you reaped from expanding your skill set and knowledge? What ideas did you implement to get a return on your investment?