This podcast episode is quite different. In fact, it’s pretty unique as Christopher Oill has asked to come on the show to interview me.
In the interview, Christopher dives into what my business looks like today and how I got started. We also spoke about piano teaching trends, how to put ideas from the podcast into action and much more.
This was a really interesting chat and I hope you get a lot out of it.
If you’d like to download a PDF transcript of this episode, please click below.
In this episode, you’ll learn
- How I describe what I do and the hats I wear
- Why I’m passionate about improving piano teaching
- How I stay on top of and ahead of trends
- How you can take ideas from the podcast and use them more broadly
- Tips for putting yourself out there or being more “extroverted”
- How I built my team for my online business
- The tools and equipment I use in my studio
- Christopher’s site oillmusic.com
- How Mike Verta makes $60k on the side teaching online
- 3 keys to a comprehensive lesson plan
- Best iPad apps for piano teachers
- How teaching with no books has revolutionised Georgina’s studio
- Behind the studio with Amber Harnisch
- What’s coming up in 2018 (and about my team)
- Jon Schmidt from The Piano Guys
- Global piano teaching roundup
- Favourite conversations from the first 2 years of the podcast
My Music Staff is studio management made easy – our web-based software helps you manage the core aspects of your private music teaching business. Whether you are a single teacher or part of a multi-teacher studio team, our affordable software is a perfect fit and designed to help your business achieve success.
My Music Staff can do everything your private music studio needs. It helps you centrally manage your website, student contact information, schedule, invoicing and more.
Visit our website (www.mymusicstaff.com) to start your FREE 30-day trial today and experience all of the features that My Music Staff has to offer. No credit card is required to start your trial and there is no obligation to subscribe.
Get $100 off Annual Inner Circle Membership
As a valued podcast listener, you’re eligible for a $100 discount on an annual Inner Circle Membership. This discount lasts for as long as you’re a member and whatever price you sign up for today is the price you’ll pay as long as you remain a member. Copy this coupon code to use when you see the “Coupon Code” box: PIANOPODCAST.
Thank you for Tuning In!
There are a lot of podcasts you could be tuning into today, and I’m grateful that you’ve chosen mine. Whether you’re at the gym, on the bike or in the car, I know that you and your students will get lots out of what you learn in the long run. Just make sure you try out some of the ideas before they get lost in the business of your next lessons! If you enjoyed today’s show, please share it by using the social media buttons on the left of the page. Also, kindly consider taking the 60-seconds it takes to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast on iTunes or on my Facebook page. Reviews are extremely helpful when it comes to show’s ranking and you can bet that I read every single one of them personally. Lastly, don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, to get automatic updates every time a new episode goes live.
Do you have any questions to add?
Is there anything you wished Christopher had asked about? Pop your questions in the comments and I’ll get back to you.