Join me in today’s podcast episode as I share my passionate thoughts on the importance of teaching lead sheet playing to our piano students. I’m excited to feature a fantastic clip from one of our TopMusicPro courses with Forrest Kinney. Discover how teaching lead sheets can make your students more versatile pianists and help them understand music better.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- The importance of lead sheets for music teachers and why I’m passionate about it.
- How I became an “all-rounder” musician and learn what it takes to become one yourself.
- What are piano lead sheets vs chord charts?
- How to create a lead sheet.
- How you can get started teaching lead sheets.
- Creative styling ideas for teaching lead sheets to beginners.
- 9 Reasons Why Playing Lead Sheets is Essential for Students
- Barbie Girl meets Bach – comparing old and new chord progressions
- How to Support YouTubers in Your Piano Teaching
At Forte, we believe the only thing standing in the way of someone’s musical aspiration is access to the right teacher. That’s why we’re building the world’s most trusted platform for online music education: To ensure that anyone, anywhere, who aspires to any level of musicianship – or to make a living from teaching it – has the right tools and support to make that dream a reality. Forte offers you every tool you need to start or scale your online lesson studio. Additionally, you can find more of the type of students you enjoy teaching and connect with them on our audio-prioritized video platform built specifically for music lessons.
Thank you for tuning in!
Consider implementing the ideas from this podcast by writing several actionable steps for your teaching practice if it’s inspired you.
If you enjoyed today’s show, please leave us a review on Apple Podcasts, which helps other teachers find our show.
Stay updated by subscribing to this show, and get automatic delivery to your device every time a new episode goes live! We publish on Fridays weekly.