Welcome to another episode of the podcast, where we dive into the world of group lessons with Daniel Patterson, the founder of Grow Your Music Studio. With over a decade of teaching experience, Daniel has not only built a successful studio but also dedicated himself to helping other music schools and studios overcome common industry challenges. Throughout our conversation, we explore what led Daniel to shift his focus from teaching to coaching. He discussed the importance of mentorship and guidance in his own journey and when he felt ready to coach others with their businesses.
We also delve into the intriguing topic of building a 7-figure studio versus operating as a solo teacher. He also shared how he effectively communicates the benefits of group lessons to initially resistant individuals. Join us as we discover Daniel’s insights on fostering strong student relationships in a group setting, as well as his thoughts and core beliefs surrounding practice expectations.
- Daniel gave us an overview of his journey, transitioning from a piano teacher to a business coach.
- What motivated him to relinquish his thriving studio and concentrate on the coaching aspect.
- The crucial value of coaching, guidance, and mentorship for him throughout his journey.
- At what stage did he feel confident enough to coach others with their businesses?
- Daniel’s thoughts on building a 7-figure studio versus operating as a solo teacher.
- How he effectively communicates with someone who’s initially resistant to group lessons and persuade them to consider the benefits and give it a try.
- Building strong relationships with his students in a group setting vs one-on-one time in private lessons.
- Daniel’s thoughts and core beliefs around practice expectations.
Guitar Teaching Resources Mentioned
Meet Daniel Patterson, the founder of GrowYourMusicStudio.com. He began teaching piano in 2004. After a decade of teaching, he began to help other music studios and schools solve common problems that plague our industry. He has helped hundreds of music schools and private studios with increasing their student count and revenue. Additionally, he has helped hundreds of studios convert to a multi-level group lesson model.
Thank you for tuning in!
Consider implementing the ideas from this podcast by writing several actionable steps for your teaching practice if it’s inspired you.
If you enjoyed today’s show, please leave us a review on Apple Podcasts, which helps other teachers find our show.
Stay updated by subscribing to this show, and get automatic delivery to your device every time a new episode goes live! We publish on Fridays weekly.