Join us in this episode as we chat with Alex Rockwell about his ultimate guide to marketing and selling your online guitar resources. Discover his tips and tricks to enhance productivity and organization. Learn about his innovative approach to guitar playing with The UnCAGED System and gain insights into how to market and grow your music business online. Plus, get a glimpse into Alex’s daily routine and process for creating new resources. And finally, don’t miss his last piece of advice to the listeners.
- Alex shared a brief overview of his story from being a student and guitarist to teaching at a university and creating online teaching products.
- The valuable contents of his exercise books and how they can benefit you with his insightful walkthrough.
- The secret sauce behind Alex’s remarkable productivity and organization that enables him to create resources swiftly.
- Get an inside look at Alex’s daily routine.
- Discover Alex’s process for brainstorming ideas and choosing what resource to create next.
- The concept of “expert amnesia.”
- Alex’s innovative approach to guitar playing with his book, The UnCAGED System.
- How he mastered the art of selling things online, and his journey from first release to where he is now.
- Learn how to market and grow your music business online.
- Boosting your audience growth with Facebook paid ads.
- One last piece of advice from Alex to the listeners.
Guest Links Mentioned
Guitar Teaching Resources Mentioned
Alex Rockwell is a guitarist, composer, and teacher based in Nashville, Tennessee. He received an Associate Degree in Music from SUNY Adirondack under the instruction of Micah Scoville, a Bachelor Degree in Music Performance from SUNY Fredonia under the instruction of James Piorkowski, and a Master Degree in Music Performance from Austin Peay State University under the instruction of Stanley Yates. Alex taught as an adjunct music professor at Austin Peay following the completion of his studies there from 2017 to 2019. Following a period of career uncertainty owed in large part to the COVID-19 pandemic, Alex worked to develop an online guitar and music teaching business instructing students from all over the world. He also has numerous videos available on YouTube and his social media platforms pertaining to guitar and music theory. He has a number of original guitar exercise books that he regularly sells to viewers and supporters.
As an artist, Alex primarily composes instrumental guitar-centric music, drawing inspiration from his extensive classical guitar studies, jazz and fusion music he was introduced to as a student, and the rock and metal music he enjoyed in his teenage years. He is currently working towards the release of his debut album of original compositions.
Thank you for tuning in!
Consider implementing the ideas from this podcast by writing several actionable steps for your teaching practice if it’s inspired you.
If you enjoyed today’s show, please leave us a review on Apple Podcasts, which helps other teachers find our show.
Stay updated by subscribing to this show, and get automatic delivery to your device every time a new episode goes live! We publish on Fridays weekly.