In this episode, we chat with Jamie Slutzky about how to expand your guitar teaching business online. Jamie has built an incredibly successful online business and hosts the Expand Online Podcast. In this episode, she shares her guiding principles for helping other music teachers pursue an online teaching business and gives specific examples of what it takes to get started in 2023.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Jamie’s background and how she found her niche helping music teachers.
- The reason why you should create an online business or course.
- Tips on how to start your online business.
- Advice for people who want to put all their eggs in one basket or switch 100% online.
- Kinds of courses that are already saturated in the online space.
- How to grow a following on social media.
- Things you need to start building your mailing list.
- Recommendations for picking social media platforms for your business.
- Secrets for growing an online teaching business in 2023.
- Common mistakes of teachers when building an online business or course.
- Book recommendation of Jamie:
Guitar Teaching Resources Mentioned
Jaime Slutzky is an experienced and knowledgeable online technology strategist who works with music teachers who have caps on their income and time to create scalable online products and services. With her degree in Computer Science, 11+ years in corporate IT and over a decade supporting online businesses, she has the expertise, insight and grit to help you expand your music studio business online. After about 8 years working with anyone who wanted to hire her, she chose to work exclusively with music teachers because of the opportunities that they afford their students. The biggest thing that comes up time and again is a visible disconnect between what her clients want to achieve and how to get there. She fills in that gap with coaching, consulting, group programs and online courses.
Thank you for tuning in!
Consider implementing the ideas from this podcast by writing several actionable steps for your teaching practice if it’s inspired you.
If you enjoyed today’s show, please leave us a review on Apple Podcasts, which helps other teachers find our show.
Stay updated by subscribing to this show, and get automatic delivery to your device every time a new episode goes live! We publish on Fridays weekly.