Mike Grande, the founder of Rock Out Loud, shares the story of how he created his dream music studio and how YOU can do it, too. Mike has some great insight into the mentality and actions it takes to start off your own business and scale it. He shares his secrets to success and how building relationships were a huge part of his growth. Whether you’re a musician, a teacher, or a business owner working with music – this episode is a must-listen.
- Mike shares his journey from teaching to starting his own dream studio.
- Looking at building a music school from a financial point of view.
- The importance of getting a business mindset.
- Keys to growing your music school.
- The secret of success in running a school.
- The “Sixes” – a powerful tool to effect positive change in your business.
- The birth of Rock Out Loud Live and how it differs from other industry players.
- Tips for taking the leap in business.
- One piece of advice for musicians, teachers, and business owners.
Guest Links Mentioned
Mike Grande is the founder of Rock Out Loud Live and the owner of two elite music schools in New York and New Jersey. In November 2019, after spending over $650,000 building out his New Jersey school, Rock Out Loud, he was told he had to close due to COVID-19. As the music education world went to ZOOM for virtual music lessons, Mike decided to accelerate the production of his own Virtual Music Lesson Portal – RockOutLoud.live. RockOutLoud.live is the world’s FIRST Virtual Music Lesson portal designed for music educators that is three years in the making. When Mike is not rocking out at one of his music schools, he wears his corporate suit as Chief Technology Officer and Chief Information Security Officer for a specialty financial institution on Park Avenue.
Thank you for tuning in!
Consider implementing the ideas from this podcast by writing several actionable steps for your teaching practice if it’s inspired you.
If you enjoyed today’s show, please leave us a review on Apple Podcasts, which helps other teachers find our show.
Stay updated by subscribing to this show, and get automatic delivery to your device every time a new episode goes live! We publish on Fridays weekly.